Intern in the Brussels office of Catherine Rowett MEP, Green Party MEP for the East of England
26 July 2019
Applications are invited for a two month internship/scholarship for a candidate interested in deepening their knowledge of the work of the EU parliament, and assisting in the work of an MEP with a speciality in Human Rights, and with an interest in current affairs in Russia.
Closing date for applications, Tuesday 6th August 2019
Interviews will be held in Norwich (or via Skype) on 13th August 2019.
Start date 2nd September 2019.
Responsible to: Lena Widefjäll, Chief of Staff in Catherine Rowett’s Brussels Office.
Location: European Parliament, Brussels
Tasks related to office administration
- Drafting e-mails to constituents on matters with parliamentary/legislative focus
- Organising internal comms across the team
- Organising logistical arrangements for visitors' groups
- Organising public-facing events, together with other staff
- Supporting the communication team with their tasks, e.g. photographs, video editing, etc
- Drafting briefings, articles, and blogs, as appropriate
- Other tasks as may be necessary to assist in the running of Catherine's Brussels office
- Tasks related to Parliamentary work
- Following the Delegation to the EU-Russia Parliamentary Cooperation
- Preparing briefings for media appearances or events on diverse issues
- Following group discussions on votes and reports in other committees
- Attending general meetings with external organisations: take notes, and follow up
- Attending meetings of other Greens/EFA working groups, as required
- Other relevant information:
- Intern position paid at €1313 per month
- The position is for a fixed term of 2 months with possibility for an extension
- Standard working hours are 37.5 hours per week
- Confidentiality is required about the work of the office and Catherine Rowett
- Person Specification
- Strong organisational skills and a problem-solving attitude
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Friendly, personable manner and a sense of diplomacy
- Good IT skills, including social media and/or video editing an advantage
- Interest in Green politics and Catherine's work in Europe
- Political sensitivity and not a member of another political party
- Knowledge of Russian and an awareness of current affairs in Russia an advantage
- French and/or other European Language skills an advantage
How to apply:
Please send an email to email@example.com . Please write in the subject line “MEP intern application”. Please include in your email a clear indication of your name, your postal address and your contact details (email and telephone number).
Please attach the following files in pdf format: (i) a cover letter indicating why you are the right person for the job, and (ii) a CV.
Your CV should also list your social media contacts, including twitter handle etc.
Further information at : https://eastern.greenparty.org.uk/our-new-mep/
Eastern Region Green Party RSS Feed
Back to main page